NIRDBS and its Cluj-Napoca Branch branch, ICB, in collaboration with UASVM and UMP Cluj-Napoca, are pleased to announce the visit of Dr. Lawrence Banks, General Director of the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnologies (ICGEB), taking place on October 21-22. The visit’s schedule is attached, including the time and location of the speaker’s invited seminar.
NIRDBS became an Affiliated Centre of ICGEB in 2011, thus embracing the organisation's dedication to advanced applicative research and training in the fields of molecular biology and biotechnology.
The Romanian Governmental Scientific Expedition in Antarctica – ROICE
The Romanian Governmental Scientific Expedition in Antarctica – ROICE 2015, is organized by INCDSB in partnership with Korea Polar Research Institute (KOPRI). The team of Romanian researchers will be taking part in this expedition during 3 – 23 February 2015, at the Antarctic King Sejong Station, host station of the Korea Institute for Polar Research, on King George Islands in West Antarctica.
The Institute of Biological Research Cluj-Napoca, Branch of the INCDSB Bucharest was represented by Dr. Cristian Coman. More here
The Scientific Expedition – ROICE 2016 was organized by the National Institute of Research and Development for Biological Sciences with the support of the Romanian Government through the Ministry of Education and Scientific Research, the National Authority for Scientific Research and Innovation, the Ministry of the Environment, Waters and Forests, having the scientific support of the Romanian Academy, through the National Committee for Antarctic Research. The expedition ROICE 2016 took place between 3rd and 23 February 2016, at King Sejong Antarctic Station, Barton Peninsula, King George Island in Western Antarctica. The Institute of Biological Research Cluj-Napoca, Branch of the INCDSB Bucharest was represented by Dr. Cristian Coman. More here
The Scientific Expedition – ROICE 2019 is happening now. More here
Strategic development objectives of the Institute of Biological Research, Cluj-Napoca
Faculty of Biology and Geology, Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, A. Borza Botanical Garden, Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Institute of Biological Research, Cluj-Napoca, and Romanian Phytosociological Society organise:
Ecological and evolutionary facets of biodiversity
in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 28th to 30th September 2017
New grant award:
Dr. Cristian Coman awarded 133k EUR for the research project "Antarctic bacteria against human pathogens: a quest for new antimicrobial compounds.", which is funded by the Romanian National Authority for Scientific Research.
Recent publications (ISI):
- Cristea, V., Besenyei, E., Jarda, L., Farkas, A., Marcu, D., Clapa, D., Halmagyi, A., Butiuc-Keul, A. 2019. In situ genetic variability and micropropagation of Cerastium banaticum (Rochel) Heuff. (Caryophyllaceae) – a rare and endemic species from Romania. Acta Biologica Cracoviensia s. Botanica 61(1): 65-74. DOI: 10.24425/abcsb.2019.127737
- Butiuc-Keul, A., Coste, A., Farkas, A., Cristea, V., Isac, V., Halmagyi, A. 2019. Molecular characterization of apple (Malus x domestica Borkh.) genotypes originating from three complementary conservation strategies. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, doi: 10.3906/tar-18-03-3.
- Vlad Al. Toma, A. B. Tigu, Anca D. Farcas, B. Sevastre, M. Taulescu, Ana Maria Raluca Gherman, Ioana Roman, Eva Fischer-Fodor, M. Pârvu, 2019. New Aspects Towards a Molecular Understanding of the Allicin Immunostimulatory Mechanism via Colec12, MARCO, and SCARB1 Receptors, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 20, 3627; doi:10.3390/ijms20153627
- Roman A., Ursu T-M., Fărcaş S., Opreanu C.H., Lăzărescu V.A. 2019. Documenting ancient anthropogenic signatures by remotely sensing the current vegetation spectral and 3D patterns: A case study at Roman Porolissum archaeological site (Romania). Quaternary International. doi.org/10.1016/j.quaint.2019.07.002. link
- Anca D. Farcaș, Augustin C. Moț, Alina E. Pârvu, Vlad Al. Toma, Mirel A. Popa, Maria C. Mihai, Bogdan Sevastre, Ioana Roman, Laurian Vlase, Marcel Pârvu, 2019. In Vivo Pharmacological and Anti-inflammatory Evaluation of Xerophyte Plantago sempervirens Crantz. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity Volume 2019, Article ID 5049643 link
- Dragoș, N., Chiriac, C., Porav, S., Szӧke-Nagy, T., Coman, C., Tӧrӧk, L., Hegedűs, A. 2019. Desmodesmus tropicus (Chlorophyta) in the Danube Delta – reassessing the phylogeny of the series Maximi. European Journal of Phycology, DOI: 10.1080/09670262.2018.1558286 link
- Thakur, M.P., Del Real, I.M., Cesarz, S., Steinauer, K., Reich, P.B., Hobbie, S., Ciobanu, M., Rich, R., Worm, K. and Eisenhauer, N., 2019. Soil microbial, nematode, and enzymatic responses to elevated CO2, N fertilization, warming, and reduced precipitation. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 135:184-193. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soilbio.2019.04.020
- Roman A., Ursu T.M., Onțel I., Marușca T., Pop O.G., Milanovici S., Sin-Schneider A., Gheorghe C.A., Avram S., Fărcaș S. Frink J.P., 2019. Deviation from grazing optimum in the grassland habitats of Romania within and outside the Natura 2000 Network. IN: Musarella C.M., Ortiz A.C., Ricardo Q.C. (Eds.) Habitats of the World. 1-19. IntechOpen. ISBN 978-1-78984-487-0. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/intechopen.85734 link
- Guerrero‐Ramírez, N. R., Reich, P. B., Wagg, C., Ciobanu, M., Eisenhauer, N. 2019. Diversity‐dependent plant–soil feedbacks underlie long‐term plant diversity effects on primary productivity. Ecosphere 10(4):e02704. 10.1002/ecs2.2704 link
- Fanin, N. , Kardol, P. , Farrell, M. , Kempel, A. , Ciobanu, M. , Nilsson, M. , Gundale, M. J. and Wardle, D. A. (2019), Effects of plant functional group removal on structure and function of soil communities across contrasting ecosystems. Ecology Letters doi: 10.1111/ele.13266 link
- Bogdan Drugă, Doriana-Mădălina Buda, Edina Szekeres, Ciprian Chiș, Iuliana Chiș, Cosmin Sicora 2019. The impact of cation concentration on Microcystis (Cyanobacteria) scum formation. Scientific Reports, 9:3017 DOI: 10.1038/s41598-019-39619-y link
- Julia Siebert, Marie Sünnemann, Harald Auge, Sigrid Berger, Simone Cesarz, Marcel Ciobanu, Nathaly R. Guerrero-Ramírez & Nico Eisenhauer 2019. The effects of drought and nutrient addition on soil organisms vary across taxonomic groups, but are constant across seasons. Scientific Reports (2019) 9:639. DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-36777-3 link
- Razvan Opris, Vlad Toma, Diana Olteanu, Ioana Baldea, Alina Mihaela Baciu, Florica Imre Lucaci, Alexandra Berghian-Sevastre, Corina Tatomir, Bianca Moldovan, Simona Clichici, Luminita David, Adrian Florea & Gabriela Adriana Filip. 2019. Effects of silver nanoparticles functionalized with Cornus mas L. extract on architecture and apoptosis in rat testicle. Nanomedicine. Published Online link
- Ardelean I.V., Crişan F., Gafta D., Roman A. 2019. High lichen species richness but low taxonomic diversity built up on abandoned tailings heaps in a cultural landscape. Flora 251: 68-76. link
- Marcel Ciobanu, Nico Eisenhauer, Ilie-Adrian Stoica, Simone Cesarz. 2019. Natura 2000 priority and non-priority habitats do not differ in soil nematode diversity. Applied Soil Ecology 135 (2019) 166–173. link
- Andreea Baricz, Adela Teban, Cecilia Maria Chiriac, Edina Szekeres, Anca Farkas, Maria Nica, Amalia Dascălu, Corina Oprișan, Paris Lavin & Cristian Coman. 2018. Investigating the potential use of an Antarctic variant of Janthinobacterium lividum for tackling antimicrobial resistance in a One Health approach. Scientific Reports 8, 15272. link
- Anca D. Farcas, Augustin C. Mot*, Cezara Zagrean-Tuza , Vlad Toma, Claudia Cimpoiu, Anamaria Hosu, Marcel Parvu, Ioana Roman*, Radu Silaghi Dumitrescu, 2018. Chemo-mapping and biochemicalmodulatory and antioxidant/prooxidant effect of Galium verum extract during acute restraint and dark stress in female rats. PLoS ONE 13(7): e0200022 doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0200022 link
- Roman A., Gafta D., Ursu T.M., Cristea V. 2018. Plant assemblages of abandoned ore mining heaps: a case study from Roşia Montană mining area, Romania. Chapter 14, p. 303-332. IN: Fujiwara K., Greller A.M., Pedrotti F. (Eds.) Geobotany Series: Geographical Changes in Vegetation and Plant Functional Types. Springer International Publishing AG. doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68738-4_14 link